On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:55:53 -0700, Gary Johnson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I believe the studies that have shown fully-justified text to be
> easier to read than left-justified (ragged-right) text used
>
> Vim uses a mono-spaced font.  Attempts to fully justify mono-spaced
> type generally look pretty bad--you can't adjust the spacing within
> words and the spacing between words is adjustable only increments of
> m spaces.

I get the impression that the OP doesn't want right-aligned text, but
wants a better distribution of ragged-right lines. For example,
consider the first two lines of this paragraph. The naïve breaking
algorithm used by my mail client has left a deep indentation at the
end of the second line. A better algorithm would move the "but" from
the end of the first line to the start of the second, making the ends
of the lines appear more regular.

--
Matthew Winn