Yakov Lerner wrote:

> I get weird up/down behaviour when cursor traverses the braces. vim 7.1.87,
> no custom plugins. This is apparently somehow related to matchparen.
>
> The testfile is x.c below.
> Here is what happens if I press down starting from the beginning of file,
> position 1:
>
> 1. Down. instead of going to line 2, cursor shows at line 4 !!!
> 2. Down. cursor is at line 3
> 3. Down. cursor is at line 2 !!!
> 4. Down. cursor is at line 5
> 6. Up. Cursor is at line 2!!!
> 7. Up. Cursor is at line 3.
> 8. Up. Cursor is '}' line 4!!!
> 9. Up. Cursor is at line 1.
>
> ----------- x.c ----------------
> int foo()
> {
>     return 0;
> }
> /* */

How can you tell where the cursor is and it's not the highlighting that
makes you think the cursor is somewhere else?  Try using a different
color scheme.

I don't have a vt220 so I can't try it out.  I wonder if you are
actually using a vt220 anyway, these are quite rare these days...

255. You work for a newspaper and your editor asks you to write an
     article about Internet addiction...in the "first person."