Dnia wtorek 11 wrzesieĊ„ 2007, Ed S. Peschko napisaĊ‚:
> hey all,
>
> Is there a way of searching through multiple buffers? ie: I'd like a
> derivative of '/' to be able to span files, ie: if it doesn't find it in
> one file, it goes to the next in the bufferlist, and so on..
>
> Having the ability to autosave if it exits the buffer would be cool
> too..

If files are sharing common element in name you can use:

:vimgrep /re/ {namewithwildcards}

For buffers you can also use

:bufdo vimgrep /re/ %

But it has few downsides: matches for all files will be saved into
separated quickfix lists, Vim will remember only last ten lists.

But you could probably write some simple script to save all data in
external error list and later load it.

:help quickfix
:help location-list

m.