Nikolai Weibull wrote:
[...]
> It would be even better if the best approximation of a color could be
> found and used.  That is, if I specify a color of #0000fe, Vim should
> be able to determine that #0000ff is the best match.

BTW: I have read that there is a set of 216 colors which are "safe" to use
even on 256-color VGA displays, because they don't require dithering on any of
them: namely, the colors, each of whose three RGB components is a multiple of
0x33 (i.e., one of 00 33 66 99 CC and FF).

Best regards,
Tony.
132. You come back and check this list every half-hour.