Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:

> 2008/4/9 Nikolai Weibull <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > 2008/4/8 Mikolaj Machowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> >  >  Dnia Tuesday 08 of April 2008, Bram Moolenaar napisa³:
> >

> >  > > I have been preparing a talk for the upcoming FISL conference in
> > Brazil:
> >  > > http://fisl.softwarelivre.org/9.0/www/
> >  > >

> >  > > support.  Well, this turned into actually implementing it.
> >
> >  >  Thanks. Should simplify some things.
> >
> >  Please enlighten me, because I don't see the use case for floating
> >  point values in a text editor.
> >

> I agree. There are too many items in the todo list waiting to be
> incorporated or fixed in Vim. These are all related to text editing.
> IMHO, I don't see the support for floating point numbers useful to
> editing text. As Bram once said, we should not add a feature to Vim
> just because somebody might use it someday.

A floating point number an appear in the text.  One might want to edit
it.

I agree the use is limited, but implementation is not much work.

I need it myself for adding up a list of numbers and currency
conversion.  Of course it's possible to use :python or external tools
for that.

10E. You start counting in hex.