Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> Here is an update for the floating point patch.  The 'g' argument for
> printf() was implemented and a few bug fixes.
>
> This is to be applied to the original source code, without the older
> floating point patch.
>
> I would still like feedback on the format of floating point numbers:
>
>       &123.456
>       &1.23e-3

Hello!

I have an alternative format:

   123;456

ie. use semicolons instead of the ".".  If the printing of them also
uses semi-colons, they'll be a bit less likely to cause problems:

let a=12;34
echo a
   12;34
let b=string(a)
  "12;34"
let c=eval(b)
  12;34

I admit that I'm not sure if I like semi-colons better than the leading
& myself -- although a semi-colon does have a "." of sorts embedded in it.

Regards,
Chip Campbell