On 09/06/08 03:43, Bill McCarthy wrote:
> On Sun 8-Jun-08 4:25pm -0600, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
>> Bill McCarthy wrote:
>
>>> (2) does this LC_NUMERIC actually work on Windows - I recall having
>>> problems with LC_ALL using the unix sort of GNU
>>> coreutils - is this an environment variable we need to set?
>
>> I haven't tried it.  So please set your environment so that a comma is
>> used for a decimal point and then run Vim to try out the floating point
>> stuff.
>
> The patch applied flawlessly.  Both Vim and Gvim makes were
> without warnings.
>
> Without setting any environment variables,all of my tests
> are working as expected.
>
> Also, commas don't work as expected.  Here's what I get
> from:
>
>      :echo 1,2
>
>      1
>      E15: Invalid expression: ,2
>      E15: Invalid expression: ,2

I get the same but I think it's expected -- at least with my locale

        :lang
Current language:
"LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=C;LC_COLLATE=C;LC_MONETARY=C;LC_MESSAGES=C;LC_PAPER=C;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=C;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C"

When I was on Windows, it didn't accept C as a locale but it did accept
en so, since I wanted menus and messages in English and not in the
French or Dutch of my Windows locale, I started my vimrc with

        if has("unix")
                language messages C
        else
                language messages en
        endif
        runtime vimrc_example.vim

etc. Since Vim has no separate ":language numeric" setting, I suppose it
should be set with ":language en" or similar. If you want to keep
messages and/or ctype and/or time in your default locale, you'll need to
save and restore them, for instance:

        let save_messages = v:lang
        let save_time = v:lc_time
        let save_ctype = v:ctype
        if has("unix")
                lang C
        else
                lang en
        endif
        exe "lang mess" save_messages
        exe "lang time" save_time
        exe "lang cty"  save_ctype

Best regards,
Tony.
--
"Contrariwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be, and
if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.  That's logic!"