On 28/05/08 17:46, Antony Scriven wrote:
> 2008/5/28 Tony Mechelynck<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>   >  [...]
>   >
>   >  You could even use
>   >
>   >         :       au VimEnter * au FileType * map<buffer>  {lhs} {rhs}
>
> Thanks. I think I'll have to resort to this, but with a longer
> list of autocommands: I don't appear to be garnering much
> support! I still think it's a nasty hack though. --Antony

If there are several you can define them in a function; if there are
many you can put them in a separate script; then you can call that
function or source that script from the VimEnter autocommand.

Or, to make it "less of a nasty hack", put your mappings in a script and
place that script in ~/.vim/after/plugin/ (on Unix) or in
~/vimfiles/after/plugin/ (on Windows) (creating the directories if they
don't yet exist): as an after-plugin you can be sure that it will be
sourced _after_ all "standard" plugins from $VIMRUNTIME/plugin/. In
addition (at least on Unix) you can give that script a name starting in
zz (such as zzzzmaps.vim) so that it will even be sourced after the
other after-plugins.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Command, n.:
        Statement presented by a human and accepted by a computer in