Mikołaj Machowski wrote:
> Dnia 10-06-2008 o godz. 6:04 Gautam Iyer napisał(a):
>
>> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 01:55:04PM +1000, John Beckett wrote:
>>

>>> It would be a pointless waste of development time to do much more with
>>> floats in Vim, IMHO.
>>>
>> I *strongly* agree! Apart from the basic operations, the rest can be
>> left to vim-perl/python/ruby/etc. Please don't bloat Vim.
>>

> Strongly agree too. Asked for floor/ceil/trunc/round as *strictly*
> related to floating point operations, introduction of the rest is waste
> of precious developer time.

And, for variety -- I strongly disagree!

"Maintaining" floating point functions such as sin(), cos(), etc --
well, those are extremely simple function calls to make to library
functions that compilers already provide, so it wouldn't surprise me if
they were written-once-never-touched-again functions.  Extra size would
come from the often dynamically loaded shared libraries -- ie. providing
such functions would only barely increase the size of vim (although they
could increase the runtime image size, but only if the functions were
actually invoked).

Whereas, requiring a vim to include the interfaces to
python/ruby/pick-your-poison ... well, now you're talking real bloat (as
in increasing the vim executable size).

Regards,
Chip Campbell