On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> ":scriptencoding" must be in the script itself. It acts from the next
> line to the next ":scriptencoding" command or to the end of the script,
> whichever comes sooner, and doesn't apply to other scripts sourced from
> within that range.
>
> From ":help :scriptencoding": if a script starts with a BOM in UTF-8
> format, that will be recognised, just as if the script had started with
> "scriptencoding utf-8".

Yes, this is what I tried, and some people with different encodings
(Big5 was one, if I remember--I can't test with that encoding) weren't
seeing the characters properly in the menus.

I realize changing 'encoding' is a kludge, at best.  I suppose I'll
have to disable those lines and just use the ":scriptencoding"
command, even though it doesn't work for some people.

The location of the plugin--with the change--is here:
http://www.infynity.spodzone.com/vim/HTML/

- Christian

--
               Taxation is little more than legalized extortion.
Christian J. Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- http://infynity.spodzone.com/