Hi,

Patrick Texier wrote:
> Le Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:37:51 +0200, Bram Moolenaar a écrit dans le
> message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> :
>
>> I have made a few more improvements:
>
> Thanks Bram.
>
> Using Borland C++ 5.5 (HUGE with FLOAT), I had the following warnings :
>
> .\eval.c:
> Warning W8065 .\eval.c 14642: Call to function 'round' with no prototype
> in function f_round
> Warning W8065 .\eval.c 17027: Call to function 'trunc' with no prototype
> in function f_trunc
>
> And a linker error :
>
> Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
> Error: Unresolved external '_round' referenced from
> C:\SRC\VIM71\SRC\WIN32\OLEOB
> J\EVAL.OBJ
> Error: Unresolved external '_trunc' referenced from
> C:\SRC\VIM71\SRC\WIN32\OLEOB
> J\EVAL.OBJ

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think round() and trunc() are not part of
the standard C runtime library.

As a workaround in eval.c you can simply replace
        rettv->vval.v_float = round(f);
with
        rettv->vval.v_float = ceil(f + 0.5);
and
        rettv->vval.v_float = trunc(f);
with
        rettv->vval.v_float = ceil(f);

You can also find two calls to both round() and trunc() in
src/auto/configure. As you compile with Borland C++ you can ignore those
-- if you want you can safely delete them (I think).

Regards,
Jürgen

in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.     (Calvin)