Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> OK, so Borland doesn't have round() and trunc().  I rather
> not have a Vim version with only part of the floating point
> support.  The easy solution is to disable it for Borland in
> src/feature.h:
>
>       #ifdef FEAT_NORMAL
>       # define FEAT_EVAL
>       # if defined(HAVE_FLOAT_FUNCS) \
>           || (defined(WIN3264) && !defined(__BORLANDC__) \
>           || defined(MACOS)
>       #  define FEAT_FLOAT
>       # endif
>       #endif

In my previous message I mentioned that there is no round() or trunc() in
Microsoft
Visual C++ 6.0 (but it does have strtod()). It appears that the newer products
are
exactly the same (there are corresponding functions in .NET, but not in the C
library, I think).

The following page, and some inconclusive Googling, indicates that Visual Studio
2008 does not support round/trunc (in that they are not mentioned):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y0ybw9fy.aspx

My conclusion is that some variation of my earlier suggested code should be
included
in Vim so it does not rely on an external library for round/trunc.

John