On Mon 23-Jun-08 3:33pm -0600, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> I get the feeling we are splitting hairs here.  Anyway, current Vim does
> like the above.  Except:
>
>      :echo PG(-0.00123)
>      -1.23e-3
>
> I would prefer to see -0.00123, as Vim does now.

You can now control the number of zeros you get before
dropping into scientific notation.  I now default PGzeros=3
so echo PG(1/3000.0) gives:

    .000333333 (with PGdigits=6)

Not also that echo PG(1/300.0) gives:

    .00333333

But echo 1/300.0 gives

    0.003333  (only 4 significant digits)

>      :echo PG(123456789012345.0)
>      123456789012345
>
> I can't read what the order of that number is, 1.234568e14 is just as
> good.  Matter of taste, I suppose.

Yes, very hard to see the magnitude.  I've added an options
for commas (PGcommas=1) so that same example shows:

    123,456,789,012,345  (with PGdigits=15)

I see the new version made it to the list - please try it
out with PGdigits=6 and leave the others at their default
values.

Bill