Please do read my earlier replies where I note this and other things in
more detail, and provide patches to achieve them (by the way, I'm happy
to fiddle with the patch if you want things done differently/removed if
it makes things easier for you). I just realised something else
though...

> So...if you must draw a line so far from full mathematical
> functionality, couldn't you please draw it at the very least after sin,
> cos and atan? Then I'll make a plugin to do the rest myself. At least
> Bill and I would find that useful, and there must be many more like us.

Doing atan2 might be smarter than atan, because atan2(x,1)==atan(x). So
we get two for the price of one if you do sin, cos and atan2.

But I really don't mind about that detail. The important thing to me is
to actually have sin, cos and atan (of one kind or another) to be able
to build upon with scripts. It might seem strange having atan2 without
atan.

Smiles,

Ben.