On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Paul LeoNerd Evans
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:45:24 -0700 (PDT)
> fnegroni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I am about to embark in developing such feature for vim and will make
>> it available as a patch, if there isn't one already available.
>
> I wrote one:
>
>  http://www.leonerd.org.uk/hacks/vim/additionalrc.html

This is inherently insecure.  Doesn't really matter how hard you try
to make it less insecure, it still make Vim vulnerable to executing Ex
commands guised as a helpful .vimrc.

However.  This seems like a useful feature.  It may be that there is
no way to implement it without compromising security, but I'd rather
think there is one.  Let me ask:  What are the commands you (would)
put in that .vimrc?  What are the problems you are trying to fix?

Cheers,
Jan.