On 19/11/08 06:40, John Little wrote:
> Dominique
>
> When I follow this:
>
>> 1/ start vim with valgrind:   valgrind 2>  valgrind.log  vim -u NONE
>> 2/ select some text with mouse outside vim (one line is enough)
>> 3/ enter INSERT mode in vim and type some text:   iThis is a test<Esc>
>> 4/ visual select line typed in 3/  with:   V
>> 5/ click middle mouse to paste text selected in 2/
>
> step 5 attempts to insert the text entered in step 3, but interprets
> most of it as commands in "Visual" mode,
> Th =>  back to the h, is =>  motion inner sentence, and so on, finally
> changing the selection with s to get a solitary "t".  So, following
> your first step 8, it was the text selected by step 5 that was being
> inserted at step 8.  valgrind reports an error in getpwuid_r during
> vim's startup, but no further errors, other than various leaks
> reported on exit.
>
> I wonder what mouse support your build has; in principle not relevant
> unless one uses set mouse, but I was surprised that my vim build was
> silently affected by the presence of gpm.  My :ver says
>
>   +mouse +mouseshape +mouse_dec +mouse_gpm -mouse_jsbterm
> +mouse_netterm -mouse_sysmouse +mouse_xterm
>
> Regards, John

Configure will enable +mouse_gpm if it finds that gpm is installed (and,
of course, you're compiling at least a Normal build, otherwise you get
-mouse). Nothing surprising in that.

gpm is only used by non-X11 terminals such as the Linux console anyway.
(Hit Ctrl-Alt-Fn with 1 <= n <= 6 to switch to a Linux console.
Ctrl-Alt-F7 brings you back to the X11 interface.)

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Fortune's Real-Life Courtroom Quote #3:

Q:  When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were
     able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to
     go, gone also, would he have brought you, meaning you and she, with
     him to the station?
MR. BROOKS:  Objection.  That question should be taken out and shot.