* Charles Campbell [090113 11:42]:

> Marvin Renich wrote:
> > Sorry to jump in so late, and after you have a solution, but wouldn't
> > putting @NoSpell in the proper places in syntax/netrw.vim be a better
> > solution?  How often do you really want spell checking on a directory
> > listing?  We're talking about existing files; if you want spell checking
> > on a file name, you want it when you are typing :w filename, not when
> > you are browsing to open a file.
> >
> Good point for the spell option; however, the  au FileType netrw ...
> allows one to generally
> override netrw's "safe" options, which obviously @NoSpells don't
> provide.  (netrw v135q now available)
>
> Regards,
> Chip Campbell

Thanks!  However, I think it needs some fine-tuning.  The latest (I
tried v135r and v135) removes most, but not all, spell highlighting.

I have attached the result of :w vim.netrw after :e .vim (to get the
text of the netrw window).  Make sure you don't have au FileType netrw
...; then,  :e vim.netrw  and  :set ft=netrw  (this should give the
same syntax highlighting that netrw gives for  :e .vim  on my .vim
directory).  For me, "SearchInRuntime", "cyclecolor", "filetype", "lh",
and "xml" at the beginning of the lines they are on all have SpellBad
highlighting.

I also note that the first character of each of those lines has synID of
0 (none?) while the second character has syntax group-name netrwPlain.

...Marvin

" ============================================================================
" Netrw Directory Listing                                        (netrw v135)
"   /home/mrvn/.vim
"   Sorted by      name
"   Sort sequence:
[\/]$,\<core\%(\.\d\+\)\=\>,\.h$,\.c$,\.cpp$,*,\.o$,\.obj$,\.info$,\.swp$,\.bak$,\~$
"   Quick Help: <F1>:help  -:go up dir  D:delete  R:rename  s:sort-by  x:exec
" ============================================================================
../
after/
autoload/