On 14/01/09 22:17, Konrad Ludwig Moritz Rudolph wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> thanks for all the feedback, this was actually rather helpful. Thanks
> especially to Charles for the explanation of why this happens. Since
> I don't have admin rights on the machine(s) in question and thus
> can't uninstall any old netrw versions, I've settled on the
> `...@nospell` option -- or rather, lazy as I am, on putting one `...@spell`
> in a place where it doesn't matter so as to disable spelling for the
> rest of the file.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Konrad Rudolph
>
> --
> Konrad Ludwig Moritz Rudolph
> E-Mail: konrad.ludwig.moritz.rudo...@mi.fu-berlin.de
> WWW: http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/krudolph
> PGP key: http://madrat.net/my/key

If you place a netrw version in the appropriate subfolders of ~/.vim
(for Unix) or ~/vimfiles (for Windows), it will override any version
installed by your sysadmin in $VIMRUNTIME, even if you don't uninstall
it. Since these directories are under your home directory, you should
have write and file-creation permissions to them.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Q:  What's a light-year?