Milan Vancura, 20.01.2009:
> > I suggest you email the list with the full patch, asking to be included in
> > vim_extended -- that way, you get more testing for your patch & will be able
> > to polish it even more if needed.
>
> Hello Richard,
>
> I already posted all four patches to vim-dev list in two e-mails at January,
> 7.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/tree/browse_frm/month/2009-01/c1bddee22f77a319?rnum=41&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fvim_dev%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fmonth%2F2009-01%3F#doc_9bb193025c6345df
>
> is the link to the archive pointing exactly to two e-mails of mine containing
> all four patches.
>
> It would be nice to have a public branch at vim_extended. (I have that branch
> in my local git tree cloned from vim_extended, of course. So I can push it
> back
> if having rights.) Markus, can you create such branch or contact me, please?

Yes, I can create a branch for you, that would be nice. Then you have to
register an account on repo.or.cz and send me your username for push
access.

When creating this branch, maybe at the same time I'll rename the
feature branches to something of the shape "feat/relativenumber",
because it's getting complex with more feature branches and I want to be
able to clearly distinguish these branches from 'vim' 'master' and
'vim-with-runtime'.

This repo is still under development, so I think renaming is not fatal,
or is anybody screaming? However as long as I don't rebase, it should
not be a big deal for a user, and I do not yet rebase.

I first thought about naming your branch "test/join-lines-improved" or
so, but I think I'll put it in the "feat" namespace. Any better idea for
the name after the "feat/"?

Wait, another thought: how do you plan to handle this branch? Should it
be stable (in terms of git) or do you want to rebase against the latest
'vim' everytime? For stable branches, we could use the "feat" namespace,
for heavily under development or rebased for other reasons, the "test"
namespace. For getting testers, not rebasing is the better choice, but
for sending patches out, it may be easier to rebase.
OK, that's your choice, but I'd like to know it. If in "feat", then I
can ponder to include it in 'master'.

Markus