On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 20:03, Markus Heidelberg
<markus.heidelb...@web.de> wrote:

> When creating this branch, maybe at the same time I'll rename the
> feature branches to something of the shape "feat/relativenumber",
> because it's getting complex with more feature branches and I want to be
> able to clearly distinguish these branches from 'vim' 'master' and
> 'vim-with-runtime'.

Good idea.

> This repo is still under development, so I think renaming is not fatal,
> or is anybody screaming? However as long as I don't rebase, it should
> not be a big deal for a user, and I do not yet rebase.

Personally, I would not even mind if the repo were to be redone
completely if it's cleaner in the longer run, so no screaming from me.

> I first thought about naming your branch "test/join-lines-improved" or
> so, but I think I'll put it in the "feat" namespace. Any better idea for
> the name after the "feat/"?

'feature'? :)

> Wait, another thought: how do you plan to handle this branch? Should it
> be stable (in terms of git) or do you want to rebase against the latest
> 'vim' everytime? For stable branches, we could use the "feat" namespace,
> for heavily under development or rebased for other reasons, the "test"
> namespace. For getting testers, not rebasing is the better choice, but
> for sending patches out, it may be easier to rebase.
> OK, that's your choice, but I'd like to know it. If in "feat", then I
> can ponder to include it in 'master'.

That's a pretty good idea. Though I would suggest

fix/
feature/
development/

though fix/ prolly will not be needed, ever. Patchset authors
could then do both active development and stable releases in
the repo.

Richard