Dominique Pelle, 17.01.2009:

> Ben Fritz wrote
>
> > Thouh, I would need someone to tell me where to find the latest
> > runtime files in the huge tree in the repository. I've tried browsing
> > the SVN repo before, and it's a bit overwhelming for someone who's
> > never worked in it before.
>

> Try: rsync -avzcP --delete --exclude="dos" --exclude="spell"
> ftp.nluug.nl::Vim/runtime/ .
>
> But I personally do that in another directory than my main vim
> directory because it not only pulls new files but also delete files.
>
> I don't know why runtime files are not updated in CVS like source
> files.

Me neither. I think the problem is that Vim doesn't have a repository
with useful history. The only history available are the bugfixes from
the official patches. The CVS/SVN repo seems rather to be intended for
ease of updating the sources than having a history.

> It would be more convenient.

If you need convenience, try the 'master' branch from
http://repo.or.cz/w/vim_mainline.git

Markus