On Saturday 16 January 2010 10:54:13 am Markus Heidelberg wrote:

> vim_extended.git is based on vim_mainline so it will not be
>  continued in the same way. One solution would be to use a
>  tool like hg-to-git to import the official repo into a git
>  branch, but I guess a better approach would be to stay close
>  to upstream and use a hg repo for reduced trouble and
>  increased compatibility. I haven't used hg except for pulling
>  and updating by now and I guess I don't like it as much as
>  git, but I think it would be the best solution.

so -- what -- those of us now hooked on relative numbers will use
hg to get vim mainline, then git to merge the r/n patches?  oh
lordy i'm sure to find a way to bork that up

this sounds like a good time for an impassioned plea to have
relative numbers rolled into mainstream -- please?

in the mean time i'll get mercurial installed and start reading
man pages

sc