On 08/03/2010 02:57 p.m., Tom Link wrote:
>>> Ok, it seems the rule cannot be implemented in Make_ming.mak. Here is
>>> a version which check for existence of
>>> lib\ruby\<long-ver>\i386-mingw32 directory. The patch should be
>>> applied to clean Vim without old patch for Ruby integration.
>
> When using ruby 1.9.1 though
>
>      set RUBY_VER=191
>      set RUBY_VER_LONG=1.9.1
>      set RUBY_PLATFORM=i386-mingw32
>
> at least on my computer, vim crashes when evaluating this line:
>
>      :ruby require 'e2mmap'
>
> With ruby 1.8.7 everything is okay.
>
> Another thing I noticed (now with ruby 1.8.7 or 1.8.6). When you try
>
>      :ruby p VIM::evaluate("input('Foo')")
>
> And press<esc>, you get an error message:
>
>      ArgumentError:(eval):1240: in `evaluate`: NULL pointer given
>
> I get this message with vim 7.2-385 and this patch applied. I don't
> see this message with vim version 7.2-119 without this patch.

I confirm this with vim 7.2-385 and ruby 1.9.1 built with mingw on Win
XP.
In my case, it crashes with both lines with the same message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Programmi\Vim\vim72\gvim.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.

Regards

--
Cesar