On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Dennis Benzinger
<dennis.benzin...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 20.07.2010 13:30, schrieb Bram Moolenaar:
>>
>> James -
>>
>> I wonder if you noticed this problem: When I tear-off a menu in GTK, for
>> example the Help menu, the buttons don't do anything.
>>
>> I have the same problem in Vim 7.2 and 7.3b, it might have something to
>> do with the GTK version.  I can't recall when it stopped working.
>>
>> Can others reproduce this problem?  Does someone know how to fix this?
>>

> FWIW, I have the same problem with 7.2 and 7.3 on Ubuntu 10.04. But if I
> tear off a menu with a submenu (e.g. the edit menu) then the menu items in
> the submenu (e.g. turn off toolbar) work. If you tear off the submenu itself
> (e.g. Global Settings) the menu items don't work.
>

> Regards,
> Dennis Benzinger
>
> --

Not sure if this information is helpful, but as of gtk 2.20 the
tear-off function was declared "deprecated" (there was quite some
discussion about this).
If the gtk library was compiled with "#define GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED"
in your distro, it might simply be disabled.
My Slackware still uses the 2.18.9 version of gtk, so I can't check it
here (and the tear-off functions still work).

Niels