On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:
> If the arguments are the same the returned values should be the same.
> You will need to use a debugger to find out what really happens.

I did.  The problem is due to the static nature of "recursive" in
gen_expand_wildcards().
Please see my patches to fix this in an earlier follow-up message [1].

> I noticed another problem: with 'path' set to "./**" and in an empty
> buffer :find completion crashes.  I fixed it.

Thanks.  I'll add this check to the test script.

> Maybe I'll have time to look at the completion code, looks like you are
> getting lost.

The light bulb turned on for me when I insert a debug message to print
the value of "recursive" at the top of gen_expand_wildcards().
It revealed that when doing

  :echo globpath("c:/src/**", "misc*")

globpath() is called with recursive set to FALSE, while doing

  :find misc<tab>

globpath() is called with recursive set to TRUE, which is why it
doesn't work the
same way.

The patch attached in [1] seems to fix that.  With that patch the find
completion
uses the same code for both windows and unix.

nazri.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.vim.devel/27663