Xavier de Gaye wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 12:02 AM, Lech Lorens wrote:
> > I just tried using Vim with Pyclewn. According to :help netbeans.txt,
> > the NetBeans interface is supported in some GUI variants and in console
> > Vim. I get:
> >
> > $ pyclewn -e vim
> > Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
> > Vim: Finished
> >

> I can reproduce it when vim is compiled with FEAT_GUI_MOTIF
> (CONF_OPT_GUI = --disable-gtk2-check in the Makefile, on a lenny debian
> system) and vim is run in a terminal.
>
> The attached patch against 06a44c4eb3e5 changeset, fixes the bug.
>
> The pyclewn test suite has been run successfully with this patch, and:
>   * vim compiled with FEAT_GUI_MOTIF, and vim is run in a terminal
>   * vim compiled with FEAT_GUI_MOTIF, and using gvim
>   * vim compiled with FEAT_GUI_GTK, and vim is run in a terminal
>   * vim compiled with FEAT_GUI_GTK, and using gvim

Thanks, but it's not quite rigth.  Most GUI functions must not be called
when gui.starting is TRUE, only when gui.in_use is TRUE.  You might not
notice this when testing, as there are some dependencies on timing.
Also, you missed a few more places where gui.in_use needs to be checked.

I'll make my version of this patch and included it.  Please check if you
see any problems.

--
Give a man a computer program and you give him a headache,
but teach him to program computers and you give him the power