On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> Thanks, but it's not quite rigth.  Most GUI functions must not be called
> when gui.starting is TRUE, only when gui.in_use is TRUE.  You might not
> notice this when testing, as there are some dependencies on timing.
> Also, you missed a few more places where gui.in_use needs to be checked.

Right.

> I'll make my version of this patch and included it.  Please check if you
> see any problems.

After your patch, the following pyclewn test suites have been
run with Vim 7.3f, mercurial changeset 364f1cd9a3dc:

  * vim compiled with --disable-gui, running vim in xterm
  * vim compiled with FEAT_GUI_MOTIF, running vim in xterm
  * vim compiled with FEAT_GUI_MOTIF, running vim in a linux console (no X11)
  * vim compiled with FEAT_GUI_MOTIF, running gvim
  * vim compiled with FEAT_GUI_GTK, running vim in xterm
  * vim compiled with FEAT_GUI_GTK, running vim in a linux console (no X11)
  * vim compiled with FEAT_GUI_GTK, running gvim

All the tests are Ok.

Xavier