Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy wrote:

> Hello,
> I read in the release notes for vim 7.3 that the amiga classic version
> was deprecated. As I still use my Amiga from time to time to do some
> development, and coumdn't find any other good editor for it, I decided
> to prevent vim from being deprecated.
...snip...
> Anyway, here is the patch : http://pulkomandy.ath.cx/vim73_vbcc_amiga.diff

Thanks Adrien.  I think it's great to have Vim maintained on as many OS
as possible.  Vim started on Amiga so it's a special OS for Vim.
I tried to follow your link but it get "404 - Not Found". Can you correct the
link to your patch?

> I'm now planning to write a GUI for this version of vim, using MUI,
...snip...
> What is the policy on this kind of work ? Do you think I have a
> chances of the new GUI getting integrated in vim, or should it live as
> a patch somewhere else ?

I'd say you can post patches in this mailing list. Only Bram can tell
whether they will be integrated. Respecting Vim coding conventions
and documenting changes increase chances of your changes being
merged.

Cheers
-- Dominique