On 17/05/11 10:33, Marc Weber wrote:
Can't we make Vim accept custom moves then?

then dX vX =X etc would work where X is the custom vimL code moving the
cursor?

Something like

   :setlocal custommovement=camelcase#CamelCaseMovement

What about "regions" ? Does something like this already exist for
regions?

What's the main point about "being native"? That you don't have to get
custom .vimrc ?

Or is there more about it?

If that's the point should't we make Vim compile with curl and allow it
to source a .vimrc over http?

eg :customvimrc FOO where FOO points to http://vim.org/FOO/.vimrc ?

Then you get much more ..

By the way: I vote for<c-e>  being native which works in insert mode due
to custom mappings

Marc Weber

Use an operator-pending mapping, you can define any movement or object then.

See
        :h operator
        :h Operator-pending-mode
        :h v:operator
etc.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
The University of California Bears announced the signing of Reggie
Philbin to a letter of intent to attend Cal next Fall.  Philbin is said