All,

I think good news, bit frustrating though.

I have done my work and I was finding out how to commit my patches
when I noted Bram has already applied several patches from this thread
and also others. The version in Mercurial is essentially the same as
my version.

I tested on awk scripts from Donald Allen and Zvezdan Petkovic and it
works fine.

I kindly ask you to get the latest awk.vim and try it for yourself. It
should work. Let me know if it does not work and supply example code,
I can take a look next week.

I also looked at the R indenter, it's impressive, but I couldn't see
how I could be of value supplying ideas about speeding up. I'd say
stick at the updated awk indenter for awk.

Happy awk-ing, I am doing it by far not enough these days (python has
advantages)

Regards,

Erik.