agentsmith wrote:

On Sep 26, 7:43 pm, Charles Campbell<charles.e.campb...@nasa.gov>
wrote:
agentsmith wrote:
Hello, everyone!
I experienced a different behavior of :Vex command after vim update on
my Fedora 15.1.
Before update this command had split window on two equal parts with a
list of the current dir on the left side(by default).
After update :Vex causes small vertical list of the current directory
on the left. Width of this list equals to the longest filename in it.
But, according to the help on Vex command, it should be equal to :vs
then :Ex commands, that cause splitting target window on two equal
size.
Does anybody know how to fix this behavior?
(g:netrw_winsize is not a solution...)
Thanks in advance!
Well, g:netrw_winsize controls the sizing -- so what does
   :echo g:netrw_winsize

show?  With netrw v143m (available at my
website,http://drchip.0sites.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW) it should show
50 by default (for 50%).

Regards,
Chip Campbell
:echo g:netrw_winsize  returns 25 but the size is much less than 25%
of the window (looks like 25 symbols).
I checked netrw_winsize documentation and tried different values for
netrw_winsize. My window width is 309 symbols and when I passed 154 to
netrw_winsize it does split my window on two almost equal size, but
this solution won't work for 3 window and etc.

Please try upgrading your version of netrw with the url given above.

Regards,
C Campbell