Sergey,

Thanks for your help so far.

On 3 October 2011 17:39, Sergey Khorev <sergey.kho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> could you confirm to me that:
>>
>> vim +':mz #f'
>>
>> works with racket-5.1.3
>>
>> It still cores on me. As does racket-5.0.1
>
> Ah, got you!
> :mz from command line does not and will not work with any versions
> newer than 3.x. Once Vim has initialised everything should work as
> expected.

Unfortunately, this is just a test case, and the +":mz #f" on the
command line isn't actually what I want to do. I'm trying to put
together a "syntax" which adds all of the racket keywords (which IMO,
only racket would know) as :syntax... keywords.

(In fact: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3757)

Unfortunately, it is not the case that "Vim has initialised
everything" as I am loading my first racket file which then tries to
:source/:runtime the vim script via an :autocmd

In fact, I have to wait until the file is loaded and displayed to me.
*Then* (and this is the bit I deeply resent) I have to souce the file
myself! (OK, so it's mapped to a key, but there's a principle here).

So I have two questions for you:
  * What is wrong with the way vim starts up that it is not ready to
invoke :mzscheme on a command line, vim -u, syntax load or :autocmd?
  * When, technically has "Vim ... initialised everything"?

> In principle someone adventurous might refactor Vim startup code to fix
> this...

How adventurous?
How much of this is at the vim end?
How much of this is at the if_mzscheme/racket end?

Tim

--
| Tim Brown <tim.br...@timb.net> | M:+44(0)7771714159 | H:01372747875 |