On 9 October 2011 06:37, Sergey Khorev <sergey.kho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looks interesting. Trampolining main at the very top is much earlier
>> than I dared!
>> But that's probably me being too conservative.
>>
>> I look forward to testing it in the field!
>>
>> And I'll get back to you when I have.
>
> Actually it is too early: it worked fine on Windows but not on Linux.
> So I'm getting back to the injection point used in your patch
> (although I'm still splitting main into two functions).

Off the top of my head, there are some entities initialiased in (the old)
main(), which are then exported to scheme.  My split point seemed to capture
them once they were ready.

Also, I *really* don't like what I did with statics. If you haven't done the
split yet, may I suggest (assuming you split at a point where you continue to
need params and fname):

      v                                              |
mzscheme_init_stuff(argc, argv, params, fname)       (non-scheme path)
      v                                              |
main_part_2(argc, argv, params, fname) <-------------+

--
| Tim Brown <tim.br...@timb.net> | M:+44(0)7771714159 | H:+44(0)1372747875 |