> Off the top of my head, there are some entities initialiased in (the old)
> main(), which are then exported to scheme.  My split point seemed to capture
> them once they were ready.

There is no need to export them explicitly: they are added on the
first call to the MzScheme interface. The only mandatory thing is
stack capture via either trampolining or scheme_set_stack_base (for
older versions). The call to mzscheme_init() in mzscheme_env_main is a
leftover from my earlier experiments.

> Also, I *really* don't like what I did with statics. If you haven't done the
> split yet, may I suggest (assuming you split at a point where you continue to
> need params and fname):

I'm passing fname and params via argv params of mzscheme_main. Not
very elegant but absolutely safe.
Can you test mzscheme_early_init2.patch attached in my previous email?