This one seems tricky, because I tried every suggestion on www. I could do any
experiment which could be helpful to compile vim with python interpreter
support.

I am trying to compile vim from source with python interpreter on Ubuntu. I
have installed the dependencies for vim, installed python2.7-devel and
python2.7-dbg packages on Ubuntu and do the configure step like this

    ./configure --enable-pythoninterp
--with-python-config-dir=/usr/lib/python2.7/config

The config directory does contain the config.c file. The make step fails with
the following error.

    objects/py_config.o:(.data+0xcc): undefined reference to `initcStringIO'
    objects/py_config.o:(.data+0xd4): undefined reference to `initcPickle'
    objects/py_config.o:(.data+0xdc): undefined reference to `initzlib'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [vim] Error 1

I have tried stable builds, tweaked around configure etc. But do not find a
definitive answer. Also vim builds without the python-interpreter.

Here the complete

output - http://paste.pocoo.org/show/577749/

error - http://paste.pocoo.org/show/577752/

Makefile - http://paste.pocoo.org/show/577751/