Benjamin R. Haskell <v...@benizi.com> wrote:

[...]
> On Sat, 12 May 2012, Thilo Six wrote:
[...]
>> That is exactlx what i think about the current practice, too.  Really i
>> think instead of that single-point-of-failure modell of maintenance we
>> should move the a team maintenance of runtimefiles.  Unless that changes it
>> is nearly impossible to get archive wide features/policies applied.
>

> I concur completely that a team of runtime file maintainers sounds better.

Yes, a team of runtime file maintainers sounds good to me,
at least for files that have not been touched by the maintainer
in the last x years.

Some statistics: I've contacted the maintainers of 15 syntax files
this weekend to add spelling checker support. The stats so far are:

- 6 emails without response so far (but it's fair to wait a bit more);
- 5 emails bounced for syntax files: bc, mmix, xpm2, expect, vhdl.

I'll send the proposed patch to Bram after I wait a bit further.

Regards
-- Dominique