On 21-Jul-2012 15:46:11 +0200, Ken Takata wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have updated the patch.
> https://gist.github.com/3129572
> (Hg comment lines begin with 'HG:' not 'HG: '.)
>
> The same file (but not a patch) is also available at
> https://github.com/k-takata/hg-vim .
>

> 2012/07/18 21:51:25 UTC+9 Ingo Karkat:
>> Dan LaMotte has already written such a file, but the attempt to get it
>> included
>> apparently fizzled out.
>>     http://vim.1045645.n5.nabble.com/hg-commit-syntax-file-td1205296.html
>
> Thanks for your comment.
> Hmm, it seems that Dan's file was not included because of copyright problem.
>
>> Superficially, yours looks similar to his, but maybe you'll find something in
>> there that you haven't considered yet. I'd definitely welcome an inclusion in
>> the Vim runtime.
>
> I looked into his file.
> I think mine is a little bit simpler and it's enough.
> An obvious difference can be seen when coloring the following lines:
>
> HG: added file1
> HG: changed file2
> HG: removed file3
>
> Mine:
>  The status (added, changed or removed) and the file name use the same color.
>  Each status uses a different color. (same as svn.vim)
>
> His:
>  The status and the file name use different colors.
>  All status use the same color.

I like the different highlighting of added / changed / removed. Having a
different group for the file name is probably less important, but would be easy
to add, too.

One more request, though: Wouldn't it be more appropriate to name the syntax
"hgcommit", because it's more precise, and for future compatibility? Though many
proponents frown on those comparisons, a look at the _other_ favorite DVCS
reveals that they have gitcommit.vim + gitconfig.vim + gitrebase.vim +
gitsendemail.vim already. Maybe the Mercurial support in Vim will grow
similarly, and then your syntax would have taken up the core "hg.vim" name
already.

-- regards, ingo