Excerpts from ZyX ZyX's message of Mon Jun 03 23:11:58 +0200 2013:
> The discussion has now gone into the direction when I will be against
> automatic sourcing of anything related to python.
Wow.. peace. I don't want to be offensive. And its hard to follow this
argument. "this direction" is not very descriptive.

My goals:
  - make python (or any other scripting language) be as powerful as VimL
    is. Thus if we extend python, try to use an interface which can be
    extended to also include ruby, perl, ..
  - keep simple things simple
  - allow complicated things

If you think differently, then put your ideas / thoughts on your draft page
https://gist.github.com/ZyX-I/5561409 so that I can take time, read it
up, and think about it.

The idea is to:
1) gather what I/you/ others want
2) find all ways which could help getting there
3) list pro/cons
4) decide on a solution and start implementing the most valuable
  features first.

I'm not sure in which phase we are. pythonx clearly showed that
we may be stuck at 1).

Improving python support is not the most simple thing, and we should try
hard to get it right for everybody who is interested in it.
Ensuring this requires us to talk about what we want.

What I've learned by your input (thanks!):
  - I can import/access the global namespace called __main__ always
  - It is good and easily possible to hide plugin initialization code from
    each other

I've updated my file:
http://vim-wiki.mawercer.de/wiki/vim74/improving-python-support-drafts.html

Please pay attention to the comparing-execfile-vs-load_source link.

and globals() whereas execfile puts assigments into globals() and
functions into locals()

Does this make a difference matter? I've not been aware of that
difference.

If you have arguments for one or the other solution then just edit that
wiki file.

Marc Weber