Manuel Ortega wrote:

    1. command /usr/local/bin/vim -nNX -u NONE

Bram,

I looked at this and didn't remember offhand what the '-X' flag did. No wonder: 'vim --help' has no entry for that flag. But ':h startup-options' *does* say what the flag does. Please update the output of 'vim --help'.

I shall now hunt for other discrepancies between 'vim --help' and ':h startup-options'.

I think you wanted a new topic; irregardless, you appeared to have "Replied" to an unrelated topic ("Re: vim stops). A better approach with Seamonkey, for example, is (typically) to right click on the "To" field and then to "compose mail to". Avoids losing your new topic in an unrelated thread. You should investigate to find out what works best with your email agent.

Regards,
Chip Campbell