On Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:56:18 PM UTC-4, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> A workaround is something like this (which looks cleaner for me)
>
> syntax match MyComment '#.*$' contains=A,B
>
> syntax match A 'a' nextgroup=B skipwhite skipnl
> syntax match B 'b' contained nextgroup=B skipwhite skipnl

This does something different, though. For instance, the original should not
highlight the bs in the second row of:

    # a b b
    # c b b

while the replacement will.

I don't think the original should actually work as specified, since it would
make sense to me for the nextgroups to be contained in the comment region,
which is one line. But, even without the comment match, it doesn't work
correctly; the \zs stops the pattern from matching for some reason, as noted,
which doesn't seem right.

-- Dan