Lech Lorens wrote:
On 30-Dec-2013 Charles Campbell <charles.e.campb...@nasa.gov> wrote:
Hello!

I'm using vim 7.4.131 (Huge version with GTK2-GNOME GUI), and
haven't used Dominque's patch.  When trying your problem out, netrw
went up a directory, even though foo no longer existed; both
going-up-directory techniques worked (<return> on "..", and using
"-").
I then tried using

vim -u simple.vimrc

where <simple.vimrc> contained the following two lines, only:

set nocp
filetype plugin on

Again, no problems.  I don't think I can fix this problem thus far.
Do you have any netrw-associated settings that you could share?

Regards,
C Campbell

In the original post the following steps were mentioned:
1. cd /tmp && mkdir foo
2. vim
3. :e foo/
4. rmdir foo && touch foo
5. In Netrw choose .. to go up to /tmp
6. Open foo
Surprising as it may be, to experience problems with editing foo it is
essential to resist the temptation to stop after step 5 but go on end
try editing foo.

Hello!

OK, I see the problem.  The solution:

:exe "bw ".bufnr("foo")