Similar previous post:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/vim_dev/internals/vim_dev/NDfhZs-364M/R1O4gD-uxksJ

This thread was made earlier, but never went everywhere. Sample response:

> If you don't just want to spend your time on something you should
> also consider talking about the reason causing your interest.
>
> Maybe there are faster ways to solve your problems (if any).
>
> Giving all context is a good idea always.

I don't even know where to begin. And threads asking people to qualify what
they probably *can't begin to articulate* because, *to fresh eyes*, I dare say,
the code looks big. What does what?

Even after a few months of peeking in and out of the source.. Is vim's source
organized hackishly, are VIM's internals worthy of imitation? Is there a
potential from reorganizing internals in some form in the future?

On the other hand Tony Mechelynck was very helpful in this instance, I'm just
sensitive to his / core developer's time. I feel left out of the loop, I know
others do too. They feel they will be greeted with "Why's". Centralized,
Internal docs, even in a broad sense, would be tremendously constructive.

As an example I found very constructive before in open source: AOSA style, and
take a look at the documentation on the headers of .C files in
https://github.com/postgres/postgres.

Can someone open a gist / wiki / create an INTERNALS.txt or doc file for
developers to have a broad overview of how vim works internally?