On Monday, February 3, 2014 7:22:28 AM UTC+4, Andre Sihera wrote:
> On 03/02/14 11:57, ZyX wrote:
>

> > `exists()` does not have to be changed. Neither does result of accessing
> > non-existent. I am only talking about `:unlet`.
>

> Before you sit there in your arrogance and blast every suggestion
>
> that is put before you, why don't you READ people's posts.
>

> How can you have an "unlet" that removes it from the environment
> when the non-existent variable isn't detectable with ViM's current
> behaviour?

1. It is. Just use `exists()`.
2. It is. Use `system('python -c "import os; print (\"VAR\" in os.environ)"')`.

> The unlet command is *useless* unless you also have a
> way to actually detect a non-existent variable from a purely empty
> one. And that isn't possible in ViM as all usages of non-existent
> variables in ViM are the same as those on "defined but empty"
> variables.

Without `exists()` this would be useless for my purpose (restore environment
after it was altered). Fortunately exists() work.

> Well, how do you propose to solve it?

`:unlet $ENV` should remove environment from `envp` global (on POSIX systems).
I guess there is an equivalent for Windows. If no means of such removal are not
known it should act like `:let $ENV=""`.