Excerpts from captain stubing's message of Wed Feb 26 03:14:31 +0000 2014:
> What should we do?  What happens to your sources?
What should we do if you got hit by a bus? :)
(If Bram gets hit by a bus I hope the bus was driving at walking
speed only)

Multiple people have access to the sourceforge website. Thus there are
ways to continue this project easily. I think the same applies to
mailinglists (but I'm not sure)

hg sources: http://vim.sourceforge.net/download.php

At least two clones are at github:
http://vim-wiki.mawercer.de/wiki/vim-development/development.html

And the source of vim is distributed dozen of times on many computers
(because a lot of people do compile vim from source).

most scripts of vim.sf.net are mirrored at vim-scripts (minus those
having duplicate names - but they could be the exception).
Often used plugins are installed many times by users - so there should
be enough duplication.

Currently neovim could make progress soon - so there might be more
important questions if neovim succeeds and gains users - and how to
cope/merge continue then. But we can wait 1-2 months before thinking
about decisions - right now vim is the only stable solution for work
IMHO.

So there is not too much risk (not much more than has been in the past -
I mean Yzis was a serious fork, neovim is another one happening right
now)

(As always its just my limited view)

Marc Weber