John Little wrote:
On Saturday, July 19, 2014 1:56:30 AM UTC+12, Charles Campbell wrote:
I've been through all the fonts that have "mono" in their names ...
>From mbyte.txt: "Double-width characters are supported."  It appears to me
that that's what you're doing, and that it should work.

My reading of the vim help is that if you were able to chop off the single
width glyphs into a new font, and use that for 'guifont' then set 'guifontwide'
to the original, vim would display correctly.  I've no idea what tools might
achieve that though.

Thank you, John.

It does work, although it has some strange effects, probably due to the font itself: subscripts get lots of extra spacing, even though they fit quite nicely without ambw=double into a single-space cell.

Chip