On 31/07/2014 15:44, Paul Moore wrote:
On 31 July 2014 14:52, Mike Williams <mike.willi...@globalgraphics.com> wrote:
There was a patch on the dev list a year or so back that implemented support
for DirectX font rendering.  This generally improves font rendering in
Windows gVim, and also deals with this issue.  It would be nice to see this
patch get rolled into the repo.

Is this https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_dev/t-v0_mJlogc
the patch you mean?

That is the one. I have been using mq to keep it rolling forward with vim updates - haven't had reject yet from a qpush (of course, now I have said that ...)

It sounds like it does what I want (and from the screenshot, it looks
like it does, as well). What is needed to get this rolled into Vim?

Bram's nod AFAIK. I have been using it for the last 18 months and have had no problems with it. I don't know if anyone else, other than the original developer, has been using it. Can't see any obvious problem rolling it out since people have to actively use it at the moment.

Mike
--
What's brown and sticky? A stick!