Hi,

I am currently writing a plugin to handle existing swapfiles in a smart way.
Unfortunately there is not much information about existing swapfiles directly
available to plugins; as far as I can see only the filename is through the
v:swapname variable. Everything else that may be relevant like the pid of the
process that is currently using the swapfile, or whether the file has been
modified since the last swapfile update, does not have similar functionality
to access it.

The information is available in the output of "vim -r", but this requires
spawing a new Vim process and parsing the output manually. It would be handy
if this information were available for example with a function that takes a
filename as an argument and returns a dictionary with all of the relevant
information. If possible and available it could also return the servername of
the appropriate Vim instance to help with sending commands to it.

-Jan

--
-[ OpenPGP key ID: 00A0FD5F ]-
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of