Am 2015-08-25 04:06, schrieb Marvin Renich:
* Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org> [150824 16:28]:
On Mo, 24 Aug 2015, Marvin Renich wrote:
(I have set up an forwarding of all notifications from the vim
repository to the vim-dev ml).

> I have started getting mail from "Vim Github Repository"; apparently
> they are pull-requests forwarded to vim-dev.  I have two problems with
> this mail.

> First, the person who sent the PR isn't identified.  (This
> was also a problem with the Vim problem tracker.)

Any chance this can be fixed? Is this how github works for all projects
that it hosts?  If so, I won't bother considering github for any of my
projects unless they fix this (and I would have voiced my opinion before
Vim switched if I had known).

I could leave the from header alone. This was done to make sure, that the mails show up in googlegroups, because the normal github mails have been blocked and I suspected sending with varying from headers (which contains the github username)
will cause the mails to end up in the moderation queue.

I could however change it and see if this works. Otherwise, I'll check how to get
the from header into mail body as attribution.

conclusion that the list-id depended on the user who sent the PR.  Does
that mean that in the future, all of these notifications will have
list-id <vim.vim.github.com>?

Yes, if github doesn't change anything.

Best,
Christian