* Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org> [150824 16:28]:
> On Mo, 24 Aug 2015, Marvin Renich wrote:
>
> (I have set up an forwarding of all notifications from the vim
> repository to the vim-dev ml).
>
> > I have started getting mail from "Vim Github Repository"; apparently
> > they are pull-requests forwarded to vim-dev.  I have two problems with
> > this mail.

> > First, the person who sent the PR isn't identified.  (This
> > was also a problem with the Vim problem tracker.)

Any chance this can be fixed?  Is this how github works for all projects
that it hosts?  If so, I won't bother considering github for any of my
projects unless they fix this (and I would have voiced my opinion before
Vim switched if I had known).

> > Second, the List-ID headers are different, depending, I think, on the
> > repository where the PR originated.  Here is a sample:

> I apologize, I did cause this by not being careful enough. That
> happened, when commenting on an issue, while still being logged in as
> the vim-ml user. That shouldn't happen anymore. Ideally, I shouldn't
> need to log in as that user anymore.

No problem.  I saw three different List-ID's and jumped to the
conclusion that the list-id depended on the user who sent the PR.  Does
that mean that in the future, all of these notifications will have
list-id <vim.vim.github.com>?

> I am not going to start rewriting mails, that are sent from github. It's
> just a simple forwarding,

Understandable.

> > Also, vim-dev has a lot of discussion that is not directly related to
> > PRs.  I think it would be nice for the PRs to go to a separate list,
> > such as vim-repo or vim-source.
>
> This could be discussed. I actually think, it is nice that issues can be
> discussed on this list and also we should see how much additional
> traffic will be created by the issue tracker.
>
> However you could filter the Header List-ID: vim/vim <vim.vim.github.com>
> to a different folder.

If there are not too many PRs, that will be fine.  If the number of PRs
gets large, a separate read-only mailing list (only the PR notifications
are posted, discussion referencing the PRs still happens on vim-dev)
should be considered.

> [1] Currently there is a X-Github-Reply-To Header, which contains the
> reply address for github. So if replying to that address the message
> should show up at github.

Actually, I found X-Github-Recipient-Address after sending my email.
That is what I am now using.

Thanks...Marvin