> On 8 September 2015, LCD 47 <lcd...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > How about to remove all linebreaks before inserting the digraph table?
>> > Then the dependence on $COLUMNS shouldn't matter.
>>
>>     Good idea.
> [...]
>
>     ... but it still doesn't solve the problem. :)

If you need specific number of columns use :set columns=80. This will
make display wrong in too narrow terminals (in too wide it will just
truncate), but since you are capturing output *not* using terminal,
but internal Vim facilities this does not matter. Also AFAIK SIGWINCH
during the test will fail it, but I do not think people resize
terminals during tests.